Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Empty House

I was a bit perplexed at what transpired today. I was, I have to admit, looking forward to today. This would be the first day the kids and husband would go back to their routines of school and work. I had planned a day filled with yoga, writing, going through job listings and catching up on the household stuff. Shortly after the kids were off to school I had breakfast and got a shower. From there I was on my way to yoga.

 The drive to the yoga studio is only about 25 minutes and is so worth it! News interrupted the music on the radio to let me know the interstate was a mess. Yes the same interstate that I take to get to yoga. There had been a major accident. I decided to go the backroads. It would take longer but who knows how long I would have been on the interstate. I was determined to get to class but in the back of my mind I had a slight suspicion that I would not make it in time. I was right. By I time I got there yoga had already started. I decided to run a few errands instead.

After that I was almost looking for things to do to fill up a space. That empty space was where my family was. After being together for 8 days straight it was a little harder than I thought to give them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful, So Very Grateful

I am grateful. I've always been silently grateful. As I've seen more of the world I am more cognizant of what I have. In particular...