Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sleeping In

I remember when the kids were little. They are still younger but no longer little. My teenage son would sleep till noon if he could and my daughter is sleeping in more and more. It's kind of nice. Up until they were about 6 or 7 they would wake at the crack of dawn. The only thing on their minds were racing each other downstairs to the TV. First one there gets to pick the show. Not any longer. They are both maturing, realizing there is more than one TV in the house. The change is bittersweet though. More time is spent away from one another. I guess that's just how it goes. Occasionally we sit down for a family game. Those are nice. Last night it was a card game, spoons. A lot of fun. Some good memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful, So Very Grateful

I am grateful. I've always been silently grateful. As I've seen more of the world I am more cognizant of what I have. In particular...