Thursday, February 3, 2011

"The Office," in Remembrance

One of my favorite TV shows is "The Office." I know what you're thinking, "What does she know about what goes on in an office?" but I do. As a matter of fact, they could have filmed "The Office" episodes at my office, the office I worked at about 14 years ago before my STH (Stay-at-home) status.

bobble-head-theoffice-802693-o.jpg
At my office the cast of "The Office"  characters are all there. Thinking back it would have been ridiculously obvious, but I would presume to say that most offices are like that and that is what makes this show a success.  I really get a kick out of watching and reminiscing.  The interactions and mischief is a little over the top but imaginable.  In my office, I was the silent observer for the most part because I really wouldn't know what to say.  Watching that is like watching a train wreck. You know you really shouldn't watch because it is mindless and/or someone might get hurt, yet on the other hand you can't help yourself. Rubbernecking is also a dangerous enterprise.

My husband works in an office and I thought he would think it was hysterical but I don't think he gets nearly the kick out of it that I do. Maybe that is because he is too close to the fire. Maybe he's trying to forget or he's better about avoiding the train wreck! We still enjoy watching the show.

Just the other night my family and I were out having some pizza when in walked Dwight.  Well, not exactly because he was 20 years older!  I felt like asking if he was related because the similarities were startling.  My husband and I could hardly contain ourselves. A 50 something Dwight Schrute! Now how funny would that be? Later, we get home and my son says,"Hey, did you see that guy who looked exactly like Dwight from "The Office" only he was older?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful, So Very Grateful

I am grateful. I've always been silently grateful. As I've seen more of the world I am more cognizant of what I have. In particular...