Thursday, February 23, 2012

One Hot Body

Okay, today was a new experience for me.  It was my first body wrap.  Normally a body wrap wouldn't even be on my radar but Sweet Jack shot me an email and the discounted price was too tempting.  I called to schedule my appointment.  The man on the other end of the line sounded very professional although a bit robotic.   You know, like your typical inside salesperson.  He also sounded a bit harried so I didn't ask a lot of questions.  "It wouldn't be a traditional wrap.  It will not be a nude wrap.  Drink extra water, ...."


 Immediately, after wishing him to have a good afternoon, my mind went into "What's it going to be like?" mode.  When my mind jumps there I'm literally  trying to calculate what it will be like down to the parking situation.  I know the person on the other end of the phone could answer my questions but some of the questions would definitely pinpoint my quirks and other questions would zero in on areas that are just naturally revolting.


I try to always be prepared, period.   I am prepared.  Every detail is laid out in my head and on paper, especially if it is a place I haven't been to before, a job interview, ...  I'm okay with change as long as I can prepare.  That is how I cope.  


I don't think most people are this way.  I actually go to the extent of visualizing myself in a particular situation just to see what I might need.  It's the physical needs I'm concerned with.  For example, when I first ran across this deal, I thought I wouldn't be able to do it.  The reason?  When I get hot, I get really hot.  No, I mean REALLY HOT.  I have been known to pass out due to the heat. It has nothing to do with how hot the temperature is outside.   I have passed out in Best Buy and I came within a millisecond of dropping to the floor at a very crowded funeral. 


So now I'm paying to be wrapped in heat. Dear God, help me!


TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful, So Very Grateful

I am grateful. I've always been silently grateful. As I've seen more of the world I am more cognizant of what I have. In particular...