Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Disney: Spring Breaking With the Mouse

   We finally did it! Our first trip to Disney and boy am I exhausted.  If you've never been to Disney, or if it has been a few years,  it is overwhelming trying to decide what to do. Where do you start? So many parks and so little time.  I think I was more exhausted planning it than walking it. Well, it was almost as exhausting.  


I had no idea where to even begin so I decided to start with some novice friends, then I took a look at Disney's website and finally, after doing a little digging, Undercover Tourist. Friends gave me a heads-up regarding some of the ways to save a little money, Disney gave me ideas on which parks would be of interest to a 10 year old girl and 14 year old boy and Undercover Tourist was a great website for determining which parks to go to on what days. They even have an app for that.  They have a number of apps for that. I downloaded several.  The ones I used the most  let me know wait times for the various rides. That was invaluable!  Now if only my phone could hold a charge for about 15 hours that would be awesome.


Using Undercover Tourist's site I was able to see what parks we should go to on what days.  Depending on the month you are going, this site was able to tell me, via traffic light colors, the best and worst days to visit the various parks, including  non-Disney parks like SeaWorld and Aquatica.   From there I was able to  fill in a calendar and we were almost set. Yes, my husband thought this was hysterical when I whipped out the calendar showing that our every move was planned out.  


 We made arrangements for a condo online as well as purchasing all of our tickets.  It's amazing how much you can accomplish with a few clicks. For the most part that worked out well.  After checking into a few things  I figured out that staying off site was cheaper, even when you take into account the charges for parking.  Parking is usually included when you stay on site.  My husband found a  rental deal that included 2 extra tickets. This was 2 extra tickets for each family member.   I thought, this is awesome!! Two extra tickets means we would be able to visit all of the parks except Universal and the DIsney's water park.  That was okay though because I had planned a trip to SeaWorld, Aquatica and the Kennedy Space Center. On the second day of vacation I was thinking something different. 


"What the heck was I thinking!" was playing in my head when I woke the next morning.  For those of you who have tried to do all of the parks in 8 days you know what I'm talking about. It was crazy!  13 hours of walking around the first day.  We got up the second day and even the kids looked like they were a couple of 80 year olds hobbling around. Fortunately for everyone God decided we needed a break.  The the rains came.


 It poured the next day.  Not only did it pour but the lightning show was incredible.  I think my husband and I both said a little prayer that morning.  Definitely divine intervention! 


MORE A LITTLE LATER...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grateful, So Very Grateful

I am grateful. I've always been silently grateful. As I've seen more of the world I am more cognizant of what I have. In particular...